Free School Meals and Clothing Grants
Fife Council can provide free school meals and a school clothing grant if you are on a low income. The school clothing grant is £170 per child for primary school pupils and £200 per child for high school pupils. These amounts include a £50 cosy coat payment funded by Fife Council.
To qualify for free school meals and a school clothing grant you must be in receipt of one of the following:
- Income Support
- Job Seekers Allowance (Income Based)
- Employment and Support Allowance (Income Related)
- Child Tax Credit only with annual income below £17,005
- Child Tax Credit & Working Tax Credit with annual income below £7,920
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration & Asylum Act 1999
- Universal Credit, where monthly earned income does not exceed £660
- Long Term Incapacity Benefit (school clothing grant only)
- Widows Allowance - if not in full time employment (school clothing grant only)
- Child Tax Credit & Working Tax Credit with annual income below £17,005 (school clothing grant only)
All children in primary 1-5 can receive a free school meal without an application however, you must still apply to receive free school milk and a school clothing grant.
How to apply
If you don’t receive Housing Benefit and/or Council Tax Reduction, you can check if you qualify and apply for them along with free school meals and clothing grant.
If you don’t own or rent your home, and want to apply for free school meals and clothing grant separately, this can be done at the link below. You'll need to sign in to your mygovscot myaccount or register for a mygovscot myaccount if you don't already have one.